You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.
Fee for visa application
Adults: 60 Euro to be paid in local currency.
Children aged 0 - 12: No fee
The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
VFS global charge a service fee per application, in addition to the above fee for the visa.
How to pay
If you apply with a paper form, please submit the fee in cash together with your application.
If you apply online, please note that you have to pay the fee with a credit card at the same time. Bring documents showing the payment, at the appointed time for the mandatory biometrics.
The following pay no fee:
- Children under twelve years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Holders of PA VIP passports on the condition that a) the visa application is supported by a note verbale from the protocol department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Palestinian authority and b) if the holder of the VIP passport is a diplomat or a high ranking official.
- Representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
- Relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel together with them or will be meeting them in connection with the trip. Read more about which individuals are counted as relatives on the Swedish Migration Agency website. Relatives of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee for visa applications.
- Persons with an invitation from SIDA or who is going to attend a training etc. through another organisation that is funded by SIDA (unless the invitation state that the applicant should pay the fee).
- Persons with an invitation from the Swedish Institute.
- UN Travel Document holders – only regarding business trips.
- Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of: