Swedfund specialises in complex, high-risk investment environments. It has more than 30 years of experience in emerging markets and can provide an extensive international network.
Risk capital and financial support
Swedfund offers risk capital, equity, loans and expertise for investments in Africa, Asia and Latin America, as well as the non-EU countries of Eastern Europe. It cooperates with strategic partners, primarily Swedish enterprises that are looking to start up or expand businesses in a new market.
Swedfund offers financing to companies that:
• want to invest in African, Asian and Latin American countries that are not classified as upper middle income*, as well as the non-EU countries of Eastern Europe,
• have the economic resources to invest minimum the same amount as Swedfund,
• have a management team that is capable of operating in the country under consideration.
Swedfund also offers financial support to Swedish small and medium-sized limited liability companies for transfer of know-how and investments in equipment, when establishing a business/partnership in emerging markets.
The Swedish company should have:
• between 5 and 249 employees,
• an annual turnover not exceeding 50 MEUR and/or
• a balance sheet total not exceeding 43 MEUR.
The financial support is given as a loan that can be converted into a grant when the project has been completed according to plan. The maximum financial assistance is limited to SEK 750,000 or 40 % of the total project budget. Transfer of know-how has to represent at least one third of the total project budget.
*Swedfund may invest in the countries that appear in the first three columns of DAC’s list of ODA Recipients.
Swedfund publishes a number of publications, both in Swedish and in English. Among others "Världsekonomins nya tillväxtmarknader" by Peter Stein.
Find out more at the website of Swedfund.