Required documents

If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

You must have:

  • A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
  • A passport or some other valid travel document.
    This must:
    - be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area
    - contain at least two empty pages
  • Photocopy of the first page of the passport and of any extensions and/or name changes in the passport. 
  • Copy of family card, or if married a copy of marriage certificate. 
  • Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons with a minimum cover of € 30 000. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’.
  • Sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. This can be proven with a bank statement or pay slip three months. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be your financial support,  he/she needs to submit bank statements or wage slips. 
  • A sponsor / guarantee letter from Indonesia (company, institution, organization etc.): the letter should include signature, an official stamp, contacts, emplyoment position of the traveller, purpose and duration of the trip.
  •  KIMS / KITAS (for foreign citizens residing in Indonesia).
  • Additional documents, depending on the type of visit you are planning, see menu to the left. 

If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – additional documents as described under 'Minors' in the menu to the left.