Book an appointment
To secure a good service, the Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul have an online booking system for family reunification applications, appointments for interviews and work and study applications.
Online booking is not required for capturing biometrics. You may visit the Consulate General from Monday to Thursday between 09.00 - 10.00. You need to bring your passport for identification.
The Consulate General cannot receive an application if you have not booked an appointment.
- If you applied online and you want to book an appointment for an interview, please write your dossier number.
- If you want to book an appointment to apply for a resident permit, please write the reference person (the one who is in Sweden) civic registration number.
- If you want to apply for residence permit for studies, please write the name of the University.
- If you want to apply for work permit, please write the name of the company.
- If you want to show documents or\and passport, please write your dossier number and specify the reason.
Click here to book an appointment.
Important information for Erasmus students
Erasmus students have to apply online from Migration Agency's website.
Important information for Syrian Citizens
On 8 January 2016 Turkey introduced visa requirements for Syrian citizens entering Turkey by sea or air. For more information regarding this matter please refer to Turkish authorities.
The Swedish missions abroad that receive and investigate applications for residence and work permits from Syrian Citizens are the Embassies in Abu Dhabi, Amman, Ankara, Cairo, Khartoum and Riyadh and the Consulate-General in Istanbul.