Residence Permits for Studies in Sweden
Applications for residence permits may be submitted electronically via our website or to our Embassy in Islamabad. You must book an appointment well in advance.
You must submit the following documents:
- 2 sets of duly completed Application Forms (Form No. 105031 for main applicant and 135011 for co-applicants);
- Two passport size photographs. The photos must be: full face (facing the camera directly with your eyes looking straight at the camera), colour, with a light background, no more than six months old and a good likeness of you, bareheaded, unless you have special religious reasons;
- Original passport and national identity card;
- 2 copies of first two pages of the passport and 2 of national identity card;
- Acceptance/admission letter from University/College in Sweden – two copies, (the planned study should be full time – minimum 30 points);
- Certificate of leave of absence/educational leave (where relevant) – original with a photo-copy;
- 2 copies of your own bank statement (both the originals) with a covering letter from the bank showing that you have enough money to support yourself throughout the entire planned study period. (Proof that you can support yourself must be provided, e.g. in the form of some kind of documentation certifying your own bank assets, documentation certifying that you have received a scholarship or in some other similar manner).
You are required to show that you will have SEK 7,300 per month at your disposal for 10 months/year; for a co-applicant the required amount will be SEK 3,500 per month and for each accompanying child you will need to show an amount of SEK 2,100 per month for 12 months/year;
- 2 copies of Health Insurance Policy - students applying for residence permit for less than one year, i.e. one or two semesters, need a health insurance covering costs up to 30,000 EURO for urgent and other kinds of health care, hospitalization and costs for trips back home for medical reasons.
SEK 1,000 for main applicant,
SEK 1,000 for co-applicant (spouse) and
SEK 500 for each accompanying child, equivalent to Pakistani Rupees to be paid by
(DD/Banker’s Cheque of Habib Bank Limited)
favouring “Embassy of Sweden, Islamabad”
Telephone enquiries to the Embassy are restricted to: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m.
Forms can be downloaded from the Embassy's website or can be hand collected from the Consulates in:
Consulate of Sweden
5, F.C.C, Ali Road, Gulberg
Phone: 042 3576 3972
General Consulate of Sweden
37-G, Block 6, P.E.C.H.S.
Phone: 021 3241 4884
Embassy of Sweden
P.O. Box 1100
House 4, Street 5
Phone for inquiries: 051-207 2680,
Phone for appointment: 051-207 2690
Fax visa section: 051- 207 2661