The Embassy of Sweden in Islamabad seeks qualified applicants for a newly established position as Public Relations Officer.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Public Diplomacy: Editing of the Embassy’s website and social media, updates, trends, developing public diplomacy campaigns
- Press relations: Interact with media, plan media activities and strategies, monitor media on content related to Sweden, Embassy activities and priority themes.
- Promotion activities: Plan and implement activities in various fields; i.a. human rights issues, Sweden promotion, cultural and academic exchange, trade and commerce.
- External monitoring related to the Embassy’s activities.
- As a member of the Embassy team, you are expected to assist in all matters and activities, where needed.
The Embassy of Sweden’s core areas of operations are: political and economic relations, consular work, human rights and Sweden promotion. The embassy is active on social media.
- preferably a master’s degree in communication, journalism, political/social sciences or other relevant topics;
- at least 5-7 years working experience with printed and/or social media;
- experience in working with graphic profiling;
- interest in the main focus areas of the embassy;
- good analytical skill;
- good oral and written communication skills (a writing assignment will be part of the application process);
- relevant IT skills; and
- fluency in English and Urdu. Knowledge of the Swedish language is an asset.
Applications, including a personal letter and CV, to be submitted to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2 April 2017.