How to apply

For Schengen visa application, contact the Consulate General of Finland. For visits longer that 90 days. See below.

Consulate General of Finland

Contact info:
Address from 16 December 2013:
10/F Club Lusitano, 16 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong.
Phone: 2525 5385
Opening hours for visa applications, Mon - Fri 10 - 12 am.

Note! You need to have a Hong Kong or Macau ID-card in order to apply for a visa at the Consulate General of Finland in Hong Kong.

For information about required documents, contact the Consulate General of Finland in Hong Kong. 

Visit for longer than 90 days

If you wish to visit Sweden for more than 90 days, you need to apply for a visitor's permit.

Read more about visitor’s permits under ‘Basic facts’ and 'Applying for a residence permit for a visit' in the menu on the left.

Applying for a visitor’s permit

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin must be translated into English or Swedish by an authorised translator.

You need:

  • The form Application for a visitor’s permit.
  • The form Family details – appendix to your application.
  • A passport or some other valid travel document. 
  • A copy of the first page in your passport, and of any extensions and/or name changes in the passport.
  • Your previous passport(s) if a new passport has been issued over the past 12 months.
  • Two recently taken colour photographs in passport format that are no older than six months and are 45 mm x 35 mm in size. The photos must be taken against a light background and show you looking straight ahead.
  • A copy of your air ticket booking to Sweden and return trip (we advise you not to pay for any air tickets before your visa has been granted).
  • And - if you are planning to visit relatives – documents showing how you are related.
  • And – if you are under 20 or are accompanied by children – the form Application for a visitor’s permit for a child. Note that additional documents are required for applicants under the age of 20. Check under ‘Minors – extra documents’.

The person you will be visiting in Sweden needs the following documents:

Documents must not be older than three months.

  • The form Invitation – If you wish to invite a relative or friend to visit you, in the original.
  • Civic registration/family certificate (personbevis) for the purpose of the invitation.
  • A copy of the first page of the passport.
  • Documents showing that the visitor has adequate means of support during his/her stay in Sweden.