You pay a fee for your residence permit application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.

Fee for residence permits for studies

Adults: HKD 920 
Children under 18: HKD 460 

Fee for family members

Adults: HKD 920 
Children under 18: HKD 460 


If you are applying online, you pay with a credit card or a bank card.

If you are applying on a paper form, you pay the fee, in cash, at the same time as you hand in the application at the consulate.


Some people are not required to pay for their applications, including the following:

  • Students on scholarships from Sida or another Swedish organisation or international organisation, such as the EU or UNICEF

More about fees and exemptions on the Swedish Migration Agency website

Study fees

You may also be required to pay a fee for your studies. This is decided by each respective university or university college. Contact the school concerned for information.