Renewal - Child
When renewing a passport for children under 18, the following is required:
Link to : Online appointment booking system
- Children under 18 must come to the Consulate General along with at least one custodian when applying a passport.
Book an appointment for a Thursday and Friday 0900-1200.
- For children and youth under 18, a written consent form must be filled in by all custodians. Custodian's signatures must be witnessed, by an adult, with signature, printed name, address and telephone number. The witness must be someone other than the custodian.
- If the custodians/parents are present at the time of application, the passport staff may witness the signatures and check valid identification documents.
- Forms for parental approval is available at the Consulate-General and for download via the link on the right of this page. The consent must be dated and may not be older than one month.
- If the child has only one legal guardian, evidence of certification or final court decision must be presented.
- When applying for a national ID card, at least one guardian with valid identifcation document must be present. There is no need for a consent form to be filled in.
- Parents have to prove their identity with a passport or valid photo ID.
- The child's previous passport needs to be presented.
- The fee for passport renewal is paid by VISA/Mastercard or banktransfer/payment. Cash is not accepted. The current fee is HKD 1300.
Note All documents must be original documents.