Provisional passport

If you have lost your passport, you can apply for a provisional passport. They are normally issued for a trip that is imminent with a validity of maximum 7 months. You should specify how long validity you need and check if the country you are visiting accepts Swedish provisional passports.

The following is required when applying for a provisional passport:

Police Report, if the passport is stolen.

  • A valid photo ID for identification.
  • If possible a birth certificate or "personbevis" which must not be older than one month.
  • For persons under 18, the consent of all guardians is nessesary.
  • The fee for passport renewal is paid by VISA/Mastercard or banktransfer/payment. Cash is not accepted. The current fee is HKD 1500.
  • If your passport was lost or stolen, you must bring a police report.