How to apply if you live in Mauritius

Most people applying for a residence permit to study at a university or college in Sweden can use the online application on the Swedish Migration Board website.  

The Swedish Migration Board website

If you cannot or do not want to apply online, you can present an application for a residence permit on a paper form to the Hon. Consulate of Sweden in Port Louis, Mondays to Fridays 09.00 - 16.00 (lunch hour 12.30 - 13.30). You do not need an appointment. 

You can find the address of the Consulate under ‘Contact’ in the menu on the left. 

To find out which rules apply, which documents are required and how you go about applying for a permit, read the other embassy website pages in the menu on the left.

Resident permit card

If you have been granted a residence permit and do not require a visa, which is the case for citizens of Mauritius, you travel to Sweden and arrange for the card there. Contact the Swedish Migration Board for the biometric (photographing, fingerprints and signature).


Read more under ‘Fees’ in the menu on the left to learn which fees apply. If you apply online, you pay electronically when applying. If you apply at the Consulate you also have to pay the fee there.