Sweden & Zimbabwe Trade
Trade between Sweden and Zimbabwe is at the moment limited, but has potential to grow as Zimbabwe is a growing market with increasing opportunities especially within mining and agriculture.
In 2015, Swedish export to Zimbabwe amounted to 142,2 million SEK (15,6 Million USD) while the import from Zimbabwe was negligible at 9,8 million SEK (1,1 million USD). (Source: www.trademap.org) Several Swedish companies are already present in Zimbabwe and other companies have displayed an interest in expanding in Southern Africa.
Below here, you find some of the services and institutions that helps promote and facilitate trade between Zimbabwe and Sweden.
Team Sweden: Coordinated and effective export support
• Umbrella of public authorities, government agencies & companies
• Work together to promote Swedish exports abroad
• Assists Swedish companies make entry into the export market
• Exchange experiences on different promotion activities
• Identify and market Swedish solutions and systems
• Recommend and coordinate special measures
• Conduct an ongoing dialogue with the business sector
Read more about 'Team Sweden' here:
Business Sweden can assist Zimbabwean companies interested in doing business with Sweden as well as Swedish companies interested in establishing themselves on the Zimbabwean market. Read more about Business Sweden here:
Exporting to Sweden
Open Trade Gate is a one-stop information centre for exporters from developing countries, mainly focusing on trade rules and regulations. Read more about OTGS here:
The following are other institutions in Sweden that could help you identify Swedish suppliers, buyers or sectors for investment:
Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
Swedish Chambers of Commerce (in Swedish)
Zimbabwe has been a member of the WTO since 5 March 1995.
For info on Zimbabwe's participation, please see WTO:s website.