Tourist visit – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden as a tourist, you need the documents listed below.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin must be legalized and submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.
You must have the documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
You must also provide:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Marriage (if applicable)
- Copy of Household registration
- A detailed travel plan
- Original certificate of employment or equivalent (if applicable) - stating position, salary and length of employment. You should also provide your payslips for the last three months and a statement from the employer that the applicant is granted leave.
- If you are a company owner or self employed: present a copy of your company registration, and tax returns of the company from the past three months.
- If you are a student: present a certification of enrolment from university/school. If the applicant is travelling during a school holiday, a certifcate of enrolment is to be submitted to prove that the applicant is enrolled for the next school year/semester.
- If you are retired: present pension statements for the last three months.
- Copy of hotel reservations and flight tickets (applicants are not advised to confirm their resevations until a visa has been granted)
* The Embassy reserves itself the right to ask for supplementary documents if needed.