If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for further documentation if needed.
Check which additional documents you need in the menu on the left, under the heading for the type of visit you wish to make.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin should be legalized and are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.
You must have:
- A completed and signed application form. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
- A receipt confirming payment of the application fee.
- Original passport.This must:
- be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area.
- contain at least two unused pages.
- have been issued during the past ten years.
A copy of passport must be attached to your application.
- Previous passports and past visa stamps to the Schengen countries (if any) - a copy of your previous passport(s) must be attached to your application.
- One color photo (45mm x 35mm)-with white background and not older than 6 months. Edited photos are not accepted.
- Copy of Paid Travel Medical Insurance - should be valid for all Schengen states and cover the entire period of your intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EURO 30.000 covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’
- Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be slightly less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. This can be proven with bank statement or pay slips for the last three months. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, he/she needs to submit bank statement or payslips.
- Copy of roundtrip flight ticket reservation (applicants are not advised to buy the flight ticket until a visa has been granted).
- Additional documents depending on the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu on the left.