Minors – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden as a minor, you need the documents listed below.

Minors are anyone under 18 years of age.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin must be legalized and submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’. Visa applications for minors must be signed by their custodians.
  • Copy of birth certificate of the child
  • Copy of passports of both parents
  • Copy of Household Registration book
  • Proof of custody - If the applicant is under the sole custody of one parent only, documentation showing custody is required. The document needs to be in original and issued by the legal Vietnamese authorities.
  • Original letter of parental consent - writen and signed by both parents for the child to apply and obtain a Schengen visa. If the child is travelling with a third party, both parents must state their consent in this letter.
  • Letter from school showing that the child can be absent for the requested period.