You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.
IMPORTANT: If you have encountered any requests for extra fees outside of those stated on our fee list when applying for residence permit or visa, please inform the Embassy by e-mail: email@example.com. Please help us keep the Embassy free from corruption.
Fee for visa application
Adults: 60 Euro, equivalent to 1 440 000 VND.
Children aged 6 - 12: 35 Euro, equivalent to 840 000 VND.
The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
In additiona to the above fee for the visa, VFS Global charges 29 Euro per application for service fee and 21 Euro for courir fee.
How to pay
If you are applying via VFS Global, you pay the visa and service fee in cash on your visit to the Swedish Visa Application Centre.
If you are applying directly at the Embassy, you must pay before your visit there.
The fee can be paid at any of the ANZ Bank branches in Vietnam.
Account name: Embassy of Sweden - UM
Account number: 6143432
The following pay no fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
- Relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel together with them or will be meeting them in connection with the trip. Read more about which individuals are counted as relatives on the Swedish Migration Agency website. Relatives of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee for visa applications.
Swedish Migration Agency website
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of:
Visits longer than 90 days
Adults and children: 60 Euro, equivalent to 1 440 000 VND.
Residence permits for a visit
Adults: 1000 SEK, equivalent to 2 500 000 VND.
Children under 18: 500 SEK, equivalent to 1 250 000 VND.