The Swedish Ambassador to Ireland is based in Stockholm and visits the country regularly.
The Stockholm based ambassadors are supported by an office (UD KSS) at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
Visitors are advised to contact:
the Honorary Consulate General in Dublin or
the Embassy in London
Information on services for Swedes can be found on the Swedish page.
The Consulate of Sweden i Dublin deals with the following consular matters:
- Issuing of emergency passports.
- Handing out driving licence application forms.
- Delivery of ordinary passports, driving licences and Swedish national identity cards received from London or Sweden.
- Assisting Swedish citizens in distress.
- Visiting Swedish citizens in prison.
- Life certificates for Swedish citizens.
- Issuing of death certificates of Swedish citizens deceased in Ireland.
The Consulate does not have the authority to deal with the following matters:
Please contact the Consulate of Sweden in Dublin by email to get an appointment. If you require an emergency passport, please state your personal details as well as the reason for your request. If your passport has been stolen you are advised to file a report at the closest Police station and attach a copy of the report to your application.
Read more about emergency passports