FAQs on Sweden

On this page you will find answers to questions that Embassy receives frequently. How to obtain a police clearance from the Swedish Police Authority?

You can download a form in English or in Swedish from the website of the Swedish National Police Board (Rikspolisstyrelsen), www.police.se or contact the Embassy for a copy of the form.

> Download the form

This application is sent in directly to the National Police Board in Sweden. Instructions on how to pay the fee is on the form. When the application has been granted, a police clearance will be send directly to your address with registered mail.

What can I bring or send to Sweden?

Please see the website of the Swedish Customs Authority (Tullverket):
> Swedish Customs Authority

Information on import of medicinal products can be found on the website of the Medical Products Agency (Läkemedelsverket):
> Medical Products Agency

Bringing pets to Sweden

New rules of on the importation of pets can be found on the Swedish Board of Agriculture's website (Jordbruksverket):
> Swedish Board of Agriculture

How can I trace my Swedish ancestors?

There are different ways of finding information on your Swedish ancestors. Here are some useful websites:

> The Swedish telephone directory
The "white pages" on the Internet

> Hitta.se

> The Swedish Emigrant Institute
E-mail: info@swemi.se

> Swedish Roots
– an organisation for the descencants of the emigrants

> The Research Centre SVAR 
Swedish archive information
E-mail: info@svar.ra.se

> Swedish Church Records online