Most people have to pay a fee when applying for a residence permit to move to a close relative in Sweden. The fee will not be refunded if your application is rejected.

Application fees for residence permits

Adults: SEK 1 500*

Children under 18: SEK 750 SEK*

* The fee can be paid in BDT, please check the exchange rate as it may vary

How to pay

If you are applying online, you pay with a credit card or a bank card on the web.

If you fail to submit an application for a residence permit on-line you may submit your application in person at after making an appointment at the Embassy. You can contact the Embassy for your appointment by phone at +880 2 55 66 8525 (Sunday-Thursday 3pm-4p) or via e-mail: ambassaden.dhaka-visum@gov.se.

After getting an appointment from the Embassy, you need to deposit the appropriate application fees by visiting the Standard Chartered Bank (North Gulshan Branch) and then visit the Migration Section of the Embassy at the given appointment date.


The following persons can apply for a residence permit without having to pay a fee:

  • Husbands, wives, registered partners or common-law spouses (cohabitees) and children under the age of 18 who are applying for a residence permit on the grounds of family ties to a foreign citizen who has received a residence permit as a refugee, as a person in need of protection or due to particularly distressing circumstances. Parents and siblings of children in need of protection and living in Sweden are not covered by the exemptions.
  • Family members of EU/EEA citizens. (Please note that Swedes do not count as EU citizens in this context.)
  • EU/EEA citizens
  • Citizens of Switzerland and their family members
  • Citizens of Japan.