Business and conference visit
The Schengen visa is a permit for short visits to Sweden / the Schengen countries. The total period of stay in the Schengen area must not exceed 90 days during a six-month period. If you want to stay longer you must apply for a residence permit or visa for longer stays, so-called D - visa.
The Swedish Embassy in Dhaka also represents Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland and Poland in visa matters. The process and required documents are the same as when applying for a Sweden/ Schengen visa.
How to apply for a business visa:
1) Complete the application form for a Schengen visa. The application form may be downloaded to the right. It is also available at the Embassy.
2) Enclose all of the following:
- An invitation letter from the company concerned or from whoever is organizing the conference. The invitation must contain:
– personal particulars
– arrival and departure dates
– the purpose of your visit
– who will support you during your stay in Sweden.
- A completed Questionnaire for applicants, Appendix A. The form can be found to the right.
- A passport or other travel document, including copy, valid for at least a further three months after departing from Sweden.
- Family details form (Family appendix for applicants) The form can be found to the right.
- Two  photographs of passport style and size [35 x 45 mm] for all applicants, including minors. Your photograph must be:
– colour photo
– recent and of true likeness
– showing full face
– taken without headgear
– head coverings and hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and even then, may not cover any portion of the applicant's face
– taken against a plain, evenly lit and light background.
Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected and may cause delay in processing the application.
- A valid, personal travel insurance which covers costs for
– emergency treatment by a doctor
– urgent ambulance transportation
– transportation back to applicant's home country if required for medical reasons.
The insurance must cover at least 30,000 Euro and be valid in all Schengen states and cover the total length of stay.
- Cover letter from the local company
3) Hand in your application to the Embassy during our opening hours. You can also apply online for visas to Sweden. Please see information to the left: "Apply for visas electronically".
Your entry visa must be entered in your passport before your arrival in Sweden.
Schengen visa applications(Schengen visa): BDT 6 500
Long stay national visa (D): BDT 6 500
Visa applications for children 6-12 years old: BDT 3 800
Visa applications for children under the age of six: No fee
Some categories are exempted from the visa fee, for information regarding this please contact the Embassy.