Minors – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden or any other of the represented countries as a minor, you need the documents listed below.
Minors are anyone under 18 years of age.
All the documents have to be submitted in original. However if you have a desire to keep the originals bring copies as well, normally they will be accepted. The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the
authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation
into one of the mentioned languages by an authorised translator.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’. Visa applications for minors must be signed by their custodians.
- The consent of the custodian or guardian. If there is only one custodian, a document showing that this is the case must be attached to the application, normally a decision from a court. A death certificate of a deceased custodian is required.
- A guardian present when applying or an adult to whom it has been given consent.
- Birth certificate of the applicant.
- Copies of the custodian´s passports or a similar identification.