Tourist visit – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden/Iceland/Poland as a tourist, you need the documents listed below.
When you are applying at the Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam you need to submit the application form in original and it has to be signed by you.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation to Swedish or English by an authorised translator.
Remaining documents can be scanned, faxed or copies. However, when presenting yourself to the embassy, you must be able to show all national/local documents from your country of origin in original. You must be able to present any of the documents originating from Sweden/Iceland/Poland in original when asked to do so by the Embassy.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
- Family details (form no. 239011) completed and signed.
- A copy of original passport data page and of all visas (also previous passport if a new passport has been issued within the last year).
- For non-Tanzanian citizens, a copy of your work permit and/or residence permit in Tanzania. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- A detailed travel plan.
- A copy of your hotel and air ticket booking (we advise you not to pay for hotel accommodation or air tickets before your visa has been granted).
- Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives (see visiting relatives and friends in the menu to the left). The Embassy requires proof that you can support yourself, e.g. in the form of a statement of account from your bank or a wage specification for the past three months. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- If employed, original and signed letter from your current employer on official company paper with contact information, stating your occupation in Tanzania, the
continuing employment after granted period of leave and duration of stay in Sweden/Iceland/Poland (giving both arrival and departure dates).
- If student, copies of your student card or official document confirming student status from your educational institution. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- If self-employed business owner, copies of your certificate of business registration and tax statement from TRA. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- If retired or unemployed, copies of any other proof of regular income or proof of property ownership. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- Copy of birth and marriage certificate where applicable. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.