Sports or cultural visit – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden/Iceland/Poland for a sporting or cultural purpose, you need the documents listed below.
When you are applying at the Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam you need to submit the application form in original and it has to be signed by you.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation to Swedish or English by an authorised translator.
Remaining documents can be scanned, faxed or copies. However, when presenting yourself to the embassy, you must be able to show all national/local documents from your country of origin in original. You must be able to present any of the documents originating from Sweden/Iceland/Poland in original when asked to do so by the Embassy.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
- Appendix "Family details" – form 239011 - filled-out and signed by you.
- A copy of original passport data page and of all visas (also previous passport if a new passport has been issued within the last year).
- For non-Tanzanian citizens, a copy of your work permit and/or residence permit in Tanzania. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- Document with letter head/contact information from the sending sports club/national association/cultural institute/cultural association stating the personal details of the applicants, the purpose of the trip, dates of stay and if relevant guaranteeing the financial means of the air-tickets and up-keep Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy
- Copy of certification from the Sports Federation of Tanzania. Original to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- Proof of paid registration fee to event/tournament.
- Copies of applicant's birth certificate, marriage certificate (and/or death certificate, if applicable). Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
- A copy of air ticket booking (we advise you not to pay for air tickets before before your visa has been granted).
- If applicant is a minor - please refer to "Minors-extra document" in the menu to the left.
Documents concerning the inviting/organising party.
You must also attach documents concerning the organising club/association/institute you plan to visit.
You must have:
- Invitation from whoever is inviting to the event in Sweden/Iceland/Poland with letter head/contact information of the receiving sports club/national association/cultural institute/cultural association stating the personal details of the applicants, the purpose of the trip, dates of stay and if relevant guaranteeing the financial means of the air-tickets and up-keep.
- Proof of accommodation (e.g. hotel booking-we advise you not to pay for hotel accommodation before before your visa has been granted).
- If accommodation is provided by a private person: you must submit the Swedish Invitation Form 241011– "inbjudan" (invitation) filled-out and signed by invitee.
Be aware that if you are going to Sweden/Iceland/Poland for some form of performance or to carry out your work, and you are receiving compensation for this, you may need a work permit as well. The rules concerning workpermits for Sweden can be found here; work permit.