Required documents

If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning.

Check which additional documents you need in the menu on the left, under the heading for the type of visit you wish to make.

When you are applying at the Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam you need to submit the application form in original and it has to be signed by you.

If you are applying online, you must sign the copy of the online-application when you are visiting the Embassy.

Remaining documents can be scanned, faxed or copies. However, when presenting yourself to the Embassy, you must be able to show all national/local documents from your country of origin in original. You must be able to present any of the documents originating from Sweden/Iceland/Poland in original when asked to do so by the Embassy.

You must have:

  • A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
  • A receipt confirming payment of the application fee to Standard Chartered Bank if you have not paid online.
  • A passport or some other valid travel document.
    This must:
    - be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area
    - contain at least two empty pages
    - have been issued during the past ten years.

If any of the above documents are missing, the application will not be taken up for examination.

  • Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Insurance policies should be handed in at the same time as the application, and failure to submit an insurance is grounds for rejection. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’
  • Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu on the left.

If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – additional documents as described under ‘Minors’ in the menu on the left.

Be aware that if you are going to Sweden (or Iceland or Poland) for some form of performance or to carry out work, you may be requested to submit an application of work permit in addition to your visa-application.