Minors – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden/Iceland/Poland as a minor, you need the documents listed below.
Minors are anyone under 18 years of age.
When you are applying at the Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam you need to submit the application form in original and it has to be signed by the minor's legal custodians.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation to Swedish or English by an authorised translator.
Remaining documents can be scanned, faxed or copies. However, when presenting yourself to the embassy, you must be able to show all national/local documents from your country of origin in original. You must be able to present any of the documents originating from Sweden/Iceland/Poland in original when asked to do so by the Embassy.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’,
- All extra documents required for the purpose of the visit (visiting relatives/friends, sports/cultural visit, see menu to the left).
- The consent of the custodian or guardian. If there is only one custodian, a document (such as a Court decision or death certificate) showing that this is the case must be attached to the application.
- Birth certificate of the applicant with the applicant's parents.
- Copies of the custodians’ passports or valid official identification.