Business visit – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden/Iceland/Poland on business, you need the documents listed below.

When you are applying at the Embassy of Sweden in Dar es Salaam you need to submit the application form in original and it has to be signed by you.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation to Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

Remaining documents can be scanned, faxed or copies. However, when presenting yourself to the Embassy, you must be able to show all national/local documents from your country of origin in original. You must be able to present any of the documents originating from Sweden/Iceland/Poland in original when asked to do so by the Embassy.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
  • Family details (form no. 239011) completed and signed.
  • Questionnaire for visa applicants - Appendix A (form no. 210021).
  • A copy of original passport data page and of all visas (also previous passport if a new passport has been issued within the last year).
  • For non-Tanzanian citizens, a copy of your work permit and/or residence permit in Tanzania. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
  • A document with letter head/contact information from your company/organization in Tanzania signed by an authorised person other than yourself, stating your position, responsibilities and the length of the employment. The letter must also certify that you will be visiting the Swedish/Icelandic/Polish company on behalf of your company/employer, and should explain the purpose of the visit. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
  • Copies of your company's certificate or registration/business licence. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
  • Your company's bank statement for the last three months and your personal bankstatement for the last three months if you are self-employed. If you/your company pay for the trip and upkeep you must prove that you/your company have sufficient means for the stay in the Schengen area. The document must relate to your company/yourself. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.
  • A copy of your hotel booking and air ticket booking (we advise you not to pay for hotel accommodation or air tickets before before your visa has been granted).
  • Copies of marriage certificate and birth certificate of children, if applicable. Originals to be shown upon presentation at the Embassy.

Documents concerning the inviting party.

You must also attach documents concerning the company/organisation you plan to visit.

You must have:

  • The invitation letter with letter head/contact information from the company or organisation in Sweden/Iceland/Poland showing both the duration and purpose of the visit and who will be responsible for supporting you financially during your stay.
  • Copy of the inviting company's certificate of incorporation (registreringsbevis found at Bolagsverket in Sweden).

Be aware that if you are going to Sweden/Iceland/Poland for some form of performance or to carry out your work, and you are receiving compensation for this you may need a work permit as well. You may find the regulations concerning Sweden here; work permit .