Business and conference visits
When applying for a business visa for Sweden, you must submit all of the documents mentioned below.
For a business or conference visit, you are required to enclose an invitation – a letter – with your visa application from the company concerned or from whoever is organizing the conference. The invitation must contain details about you, the applicant, such as:
- personal particulars
- arrival and departure dates
- the purpose of your visit who will support you during your stay in Sweden.
A pre-printed form is found to the right, Questionnaire for applicants, Appendix A. It is also available at the Embassy or Consulate.
- A passport or other travel document, including copy, valid for at least a further three months after departing from Sweden.
- A completed application form, in Swedish or English. Application forms for a Schengen visa may be downloaded to the right. They are also available at the Embassy/Consulate.
- Family details – Appendix to your application
- Two  photographs of passport style and size [35 x 45 mm] for all applicants, including minors. Your photograph must be:
– colour photo
– recent and of true likeness
– showing full face
– taken without headgear
– head coverings and hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and even then, may not cover any portion of the applicant's face
– taken against a plain, evenly lit and light background.
Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected and may cause delay in processing the application.
- Invitation from a company or organization in Sweden as above
- A valid, personal travel insurance which covers costs for
– emergency treatment by a doctor
– urgent ambulance transportation
– transportation back to applicant's home country if required for medical reasons.
- The insurance must cover at least 30,000 Euro and be valid in all Schengen states and cover the total length of stay.
- Your entry visa must me entered in your passport before your arrival in Sweden.