How to obtain a copy of your Swedish birth certificate

For Swedish citizens living abroad and for Australian citizens born in Sweden, please contact the Swedish Taxation Office in Sweden for a copy of your birth certificate (extract from the population register).

This extract can be obtained from the local office of the Swedish Taxation Authority, Skatteverket, where you were born.

Contact details to all taxation offices can be found on

If you are unsure of which office to contact, please email:

and give your full personal id number (personnummer). You may request a signed copy of your birth certificate/extract of the population register in English.