The Embassy of Sweden is looking to employ a Finance Assistant/Bookkeeper in a part time-position.
Finance Assistant / Bookkeeper
Part-time – 25 hours per week
Open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents
The successful applicant should be available to take up the position from early March 2018
Training and support will be provided in the accounting application practiced at the Embassy
The Embassy of Sweden has been established as an employer of local staff in Australia for more than 50 years. It promotes an attractive employment package and great working conditions with full compliance to Australian Workplace Laws. It boasts an established, professional and dedicated team that values equality and transparency in the workplace.
The Embassy of Sweden is looking to employ a Finance Assistant / Bookkeeper in a part-time position. In this role you will report to the Second Secretary and provide finance administration, including bookkeeping, and support to a small office team.
This genuine person is essential to the day to day function of the embassy and will perform a variety of financial administration tasks. If you are a reliable and well organised individual with excellent attention to detail and would like a role that can grow with your abilities and interest we would be delighted to receive your application.
- Manage bookkeeping of the embassy’s revenue and expenditure using double entry bookkeeping
- Prepare monthly accounts and reconciliations
- Manage payments, invoicing and banking
- Administer personnel management for locally engaged staff including payroll, taxation, superannuation, health insurance and social benefits
- Prepare GST taxation refunds for the embassy and sent out staff under the Indirect Tax Concession Scheme
- Calculate travel allowance and maintain travel records
- Assist in preparatory budgets and budget forecasts
- Assist in embassy purchasing
- Maintain accurate records for probity and audit
- Adhere to company procedures and policy
- Other responsibilities as required
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, most importantly Excel
- Experience in double entry bookkeeping and a bookkeeping software program
- Well organised with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of data privacy standards, integrity and honesty
- Knowledge of taxation and fair work regulations would be an advantage
- Tertiary or equivalent qualification in finance, accounting or business administration
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Swedish or Nordic language and culture would also be an advantage
Annual salary AUD 60,000-67,000, negotiable based on experience, + superannuation, salary paid monthly, private health insurance, generous Annual Leave allowance, 36 hour working week *please note, these are details based on fulltime employment
You are welcome to submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter before 20 January 2018, by email to email@example.com Please use “Finance assist. 2018/01” in the subject line
For any questions regarding the position contact: Karin Areschoug, Head of Administration, or Judith Parker, Executive Assistant to the Ambassador, by phone 02 6270 2700.
Background and security checks will be implemented in the employment process.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.