Applying for a residence permit to study in Sweden

If you will be studying in Sweden for more than three months and you are not an EU citizen, you need a residence permit.

The Swedish Migration Agency website provides information about what is required to obtain a residence permit, as well as the possibility of completing an online application for the majority of matters.

Swedish Migration Agency website

In most cases, anyone applying for a permit online to study in Sweden will not need to visit a Swedish embassy. If it turns out you need to visit a Swedish embassy you should turn to one of these, if you are lawfully residing in the Schengen area:

The Swedish Embassy in Athen

The Swedish Embassy in Berlin

The Swedish Embassy in Madrid

The Swedish Embassy in Paris

The Swedish Embassy in Rom

The Swedish Embassy in Bern does not accept applications or handle migration cases.