Required documents

If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning.

Check which additional documents you need in the menu on the left, under the heading for the type of visit you wish to make.

All the documents have to be presented in the original form. Should you wish to keep the original form, you may present a photocopy which doesn't have to be verified - but in that case you have to show the original document to the visa officer.

You must have:

  • A completed and signed application forms no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa, and form no. 239011, Family details.
  • A visa fee, correct amount in RSD.
  • A passport or some other valid travel document. This must:
    - be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area
    - contain at least two empty pages
    - have been issued during the past ten years.

Bear in mind that Kosovo citizens (holders of Kosovo pasport) are to apply for Schengen visa only at the Embassy of Sweden in Skopje.

  • Two photographs in passport format, taken straight from the front and no older than six months.
  • Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’
  • Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 (circa 40 EUR) per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. If you are paying for you stay in Sweden yourself, i.e. if you are not going to stay at your friends´ or relatives´, you need to show that you have substantial means of support for your stay in Sweden, for example a bank account receipt. You should also present a hotel booking and the return ticket. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, you must show in the same way that he/she has enough money to do so. 
  • Enough money for the return journey, or a return ticket.
  • Employed persons:

-Employment certificate

-Certificate regarding applicants paid or non-paid leave during the stay in Sweden

-Certificate issued by "Republicki fond za penzijsko i invalidsko osiguranje zaposlenih" so called "Uverenje" in original and of a recent date.

  • Farmers:

-Farming or agriculture certificate

-Latest certificate of paid tax

  • Private company owners:

-Copy of company registration certificate (original to be shown)

-Latest certificate of paid taxes

-Copy of PIB number

  • Pensioners:

-Latest pension slip

  • Students:

-Student certificate (optional student booklet in original and the copy of it)

  • Pupils:

-School certificate

-Absence permission from school when applying for visa during the school term

  • Applicants dependent on somebody else's financial support (like children, students, unemployed persons etc):

-Certificate which is confirming how the applicant is supported in the home country and who is paying for the applicant's travel and stay in Sweden. For example: certificate regarding average income for the last three months from applicant's parents or spouse or pension check.

If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – additional documents as described under Minors in the menu on the left.