Minors – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden as a minor, you need the documents listed below.

Minors are anyone under 18 years of age.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under Required documents.
  • Visa applications for minors must be signed by their custodians.
  • If the minor appliant is travelling with both parents:

-Birth certificate of the applicant

  • For minors travelling without their parents/custodians or with just one of them:

-The consent of the custodian or guardian that the minor can travel to Sweden, verified at the local municipality. If another parent is deceased, the death certificate should be attached instead.