If you apply for a work permit, you usually need to enclose the documents below. Special rules and forms may apply in the case of certain occupations.
Check the Swedish Migration Agency website.
Swedish Migration Agency website
If you apply online, you attach the documents electronically. If you apply on a paper form, you have to bring all the requisite documents to the embassy as well as a copy of ALL submitted documents. One original and one copy of all Notary Certificates must be handed with the application.
Mongolian citizens should note that certificates must be translated into English and be notarised by a notary public before being legalised and stamped by the Consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ulaanbaatar.
- Application form (if you are not applying online), signed by the applicant. There are different forms for different types of work permits (see link on the right).
- A photocopy of the pages in your passport that show your personal data, period of validity and whether you have permission to live in a country other than your country of origin.
- The offer of employment, a union statement of opinion, and any other documents you may have received from your employer.
If a family member would like to apply as a co-applicant, he/she can either apply electronically to the Migration Agency at the same time as you or, if not applying at the same time as you, submit the application in paper form to the embassy.
If they apply on a paper form, they have to bring all the requisite documents as well as a copy of ALL submitted documents. One original and one copy of all Notary Certificates must be handed with the application.
Family members need:
- If you use a paper form, or if the family will be applying at a later date, the family members are to use form no. 133011, Application for a permit for family members of employees, visiting researchers, athletes and self-employed persons.
- A valid passport and a photocopy of the pages in the passport that show your identity, your citizenship and the passport’s period of validity.
- Documents that confirm your kinship. Notary Certificate of your marriage certificate (Chinese and English version). If you are not married, you are required to enclose a Notary Certificate stating that you are single (Chinese and English version). The Embassy is aware that there are some difficulties with acquiring single certificates for Chinese citizens at the moment. It is, however, important that applicants prove their current marital status as best they can with a document. The document must be translated into English by an authorized translator.
- A document proving that you lived together in your country of origin if you are common-law-spouses (with an English translation).
- A photocopy of the identity page of your husband's/wife's/partner's passport.
- A copy of your husband's/wife's/partner's Civic Registration Certificate (personbevis).
- A letter of invitation from your partner in Sweden (with an English translation).
For children (under 18 years old) with one or both parents in Sweden, or children accompanying a parent to Sweden:
- Two fully completed and signed application forms, form no. 133011, Application for a permit for family members of employees, visiting researchers, athletes and self-employed persons. The application should be signed by one of the guardians.
- A photocopy of the identity page of the passport.
- Notary Certificate stating the relationship of the child/parents. For example a birth certificate.
- Notary Certificate stating who has the legal custody of the child and in case only one of the parents has the right of access to the child.
- A photocopy of the identity page of the passport of the parent/s.
- A photocopy of the Civil Registration Certificate, "personbevis", of the parent/s.
- If one of the child's parents will stay in China, a Notary Certificate from him/her is requested stating that he/she is aware of the child's application for residence permit and that he/she agrees that the child goes to Sweden.
- Letter of invitation from the parent in Sweden (with an English translation).
If you fail to supply the necessary documents mentioned above, the decision-making process of your case may be delayed. The embassy may contact you for additional documents or information if necessary.
Find more information on the Swedish Migration Agency website.
Swedish Migration Agency website