Visa for ADS-groups
An ADS visa issued by a Schengen country permits travel within the Schengen area in accordance with a pre-determined itinerary. ADS visas are issued to members of tourists groups of at least 5 persons. The maximum duration of stay is 30 days.
ADS visas are applied for via an ADS-accredited travel agency. Applications are submitted directly (i.e. not by post) by the travel agency’s designated couriers.
Documents that must be submitted by the ADS-accredited travel agency:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’. A receipt confirming payment of the application fee is not needed.
- A name list of all the group members including the tour leader, with passport numbers and photocopies of ID cards and hukous.
- A detailed itinerary (in Swedsh or in English), including flight details for the round trip from China, names, addresses, telephone numbers and fax numbers of the hotels to be used by the group during the tour with the dates of stay in each hotel, and details of how the group is to travel between locations during the tour.
- Name and contact details of the designated partner tour operator in Europe.
- Confirmation from the designated partner tour operator in Europe that accommodation and transport within Europe as specified in the group’s itinerary will be provided to all members of the group.
Additional documents, requirements and information:
Individual group members may be requested to undergo an interview.
After the travel, boarding pass and passport must be presented to the Embassy via your travel agency.
Changes to itinerary
Visas are valid for the pre-determined itinerary as submitted at the time of application. If, for reasons beyond the control of the Chinese accredited travel agency, any changes are made to this itinerary between the application and departure, it is the responsibility of the travel agency to immediately inform the Embassy/Consulate General where the application was made.
It should be noted that changes to an itinerary also concerns minor changes, such as the hotels where the group will be staying. In all circumstances, the group must travel as a group and all members of the group must stay in the same hotels. It is not permissible to change basic elements of the itinerary.