Sports or cultural visit – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden for a sporting or cultural purpose, you need the documents listed below.

Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
  • An original invitation letter from whoever is organising the event in Sweden. The invitation should be on official paper and clearly state: the purpose and duration of stay; a detailed program and itinerary; an indication of the costs of the study/sports and the entity that will pay for them; an indication of lodging during the period of the intended stay.
  • An original letter from the Chinese cultural or sports organisation. The letter should be on official paper and clearly state: the full address and contact details of the organization; the name and position of the countersigning officer; the name, position, salary and years of employment (only for professionals); confirmation of participation; entity that will pay the costs of travel and living; approval of leave or absence.
  • Photocopy of business licence (if applicable).

If an applicant is under 18 years old, additional documents should be submitted as described under ‘Minors’ in the menu on the left.