You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.
Fee for visa application
Adults: RMB 470
Children aged 6 - 12: RMB 275
The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
VFS Global Visa Application Centre charges a fee of RMB 157 per application, in addition to the above fee for the visa.
VFS Global visa application fees
How to pay
If you are applying via VFS Global you pay in cash.
If you are applying directly at the Embassy, you must pay upon your visit. The Embassy will only accept card payment. Cash payment can only be accepted when card payment is not possible.
The following pay no fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
- Relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel together with them or will be meeting them in connection with the trip. Read more about which individuals are counted as relatives on the Swedish Migration Agency's website. Relatives of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee for visa applications.
Swedish Migration Agency website
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of:
- Cape Verde
Visits longer than 90 days
Adults: RMB 940
Children under 18: RMB 470
Adults and children: RMB 470