Applying for a work permit

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit.

The easiest way to apply for a work permit is to do so online. Applications over the internet go directly to the Swedish Migration Agency.

Rules and required documents

Read in the menu on the left about which rules apply, which documents are required and how to submit an application.

If you are interested in working in Sweden, you can also find information on the website Working in Sweden.

Working in Sweden

Approval from the Thai authorities

Before leaving for Sweden, you must contact the Department of Employment in Thailand to get official approval to leave Thailand to work abroad:

Office of Overseas Employment Administration
Department of Employment, Bangkok 10400
Tel: +66 2245 9428
Fax: +66 2245 6717