If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents may also be required, depending on what type of visit you are planning.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.
You must have:
- A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
- A receipt confirming payment of the application fee.
- A passport or some other valid travel document.
- be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area
- contain at least two empty pages
- A copy of the first page in your passport, and of any extensions and/or name changes in the passport.
- Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’
- Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. This can be proven with a bank statement or pay slips for the past three months. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, he/she needs to submit bank statement or pay slips. Please not that last years tax record usually is not considered sufficient.
- Additional documents depending on the type of visit you are planning.