Visiting relatives and friends

If you apply for a visa to visit relatives and friends, you need the documents listed below.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
  • Proof of the existence of family relations (Tam Tekmil Vukuatlı Nüfus Kayıt Örneği)
  • The following documents shall be presented by either of the categories
    (a) If the applicant is employed:
    – letter from employer and/or approval for leave
    – SGK (social security) registration document+ SGK "hizmet dökümü"
    (b) If the applicant is a farmer
    – farmer certificate issued by chamber of agriculture
    (c) If applicant is employed by or owner of a private company
    – company registration in chamber of commerce and copy of the bulletin of the trade register.
    – statement of taxes payment.
    (d) If the applicant is retired:
    – proof of pension (either bank account statement or pensioner booklet)
    (e) If the applicant is a student:
    – student certificate (Öğrenci Belgesi)
    (f) If the applicant is a minor or under age 18 and travelling alone or with one parent or legal guardian only:
    – public notary approved statement from his/her parents (this condition shall not apply if the travelling parent is a single parent or holds the parental authority alone).

Documents concerning the relative or friend in Sweden

You must also attach documents concerning the relative or friend you plan to visit in Sweden.

You must have:

  • Invitation, completed in Swedish or English, signed and dated. The invitation should contain information about the date and the duration of the visit.
  • Population registration certificate (personbevis). This can be requisitioned from the nearest local tax office or from the website and should not be older than three (3) months.
  • Copy of his/her passport (or other id document).
  • If the person in Sweden is ill or pregnant , the Embassy would like a medical certificate from the doctor or midwife.