Tourist visit

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden as a tourist, you need the documents listed below.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
  • Flight / travel reservations or other proof of intended transport
  • Evidence of hotel bookings or travel plan
  • Proof of means of subsistence: e.g.
    – bank account statement on the account turnover during the last three months, and
    – proof of regular income e.g. salary slips of the last three months (or similar)
  • The following documents shall be presented by either of the categories:
    (a) If the applicant is employed:
    – letter from employer and/or approval for leave
    – SGK (social security) registration document and SGK "hizmet dökümü"
    (b) If the applicant is a farmer
    – farmer certificate issued by a chamber of agriculture
    (c) If applicant is employed by or owner of a private company
    – the company registration in the chamber of commerce and a copy of the bulletin of the trade register
    – statement of taxes payment
    (d) If the applicant is retired:
    – proof of pension (either bank account statement or pensioner booklet)
    (e) If the applicant is a student:
    – student certificate (Öğrenci Belgesi)
    (f) If the applicant is a minor/under age 18 and travelling alone or with one parent or legal guardian only:
    – Public notary approved statement from his/her parents ( this condition shall not apply if the travelling parent is a single parent or holds the parental authority alone).