Sports or cultural visit
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden for a sporting or cultural purpose, you need the documents listed below.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of means of subsistence: e.g.
– bank account statement on the account turnover during the last three months, and
– proof of regular income e.g. salary slips of the last three months (or similar).
- The following documents regarding the purpose of the visit, for either of the categories:
(a) For cultural events or conferences:
– an invitation from the organiser of the event or/the contract concluded by the cultural service provider or/invitation to a creative work.
(b) For sporting events:
– invitation from the sports club/sports federation or/accreditation confirming the participation in the sport event.
– certificate from the sending sports club or sport federation
- The following documents regarding the personal situation of the applicant shall be presented by either of the categories:
(a) If the applicant is employed:
– letter from employer and/or approval for leave.
– SGK (social security) registration document and SGK "hizmet dökümü".
(b) If the applicant is a farmer
– farmer certificate issued by chamber of agriculture
(c) If applicant is employed by or owner of a private company
– company registration in chamber of commerce and copy of the bulletin of the trade register.
– statement of taxes payment.
(d) If the applicant is retired:
– proof of pension (either bank account statement or pensioner booklet).
(e) If the applicant is a student:
– student certificate (Öğrenci Belgesi).
(f) If the applicant is a minor or under age 18 and travelling alone or with one parent or legal guardian only:
– public notary approved statement from his/her parents (this condition shall not apply if the travelling parent is a single parent or holds the parental authority alone).