If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.
You must have:
- A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
- A receipt confirming payment of the application fee, if you have not applied online.
- A passport or some other valid travel document.
- be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area
- contain at least two empty pages
- copy of all pages with stamp and visas
- have been issued during the past ten years.
- Two photographs in passport format, taken straight from the front and no older than six months.
- Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’
- Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. The embassy requires proof that you can support yourself, e.g. in the form of a statement of account from your bank or a wage specification for the past six months.
- Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu on the left.
- For Iraqi citizens the Embassy also requires all applicants to present an original national identity card.
If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – additional documents as described under ‘Minors’ in the menu on the left.