Legalisations, certificates and translations


If you wish to legalize a Swedish document from for example the Tax Authorities (Skatteverket) in Sweden. Please note that the document:

  • must be signed and stamped by the Authority who has issued the document in Sweden.
  • must be legalised by the Judicial Office at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs in Stockholm.

When you have done the above then the document can be legalised by the Embassy. If you are missing the legalisation from the Judicial Office in Stockholm then the document cannot be legalised.

Only documents with original stamps can be legalised. It is not possible to send a document via email or fax.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Embassy via phone (06-590 13 00) or Email (


Please contact the Embassy via phone (06-590 13 00) or Email (


The Embassy does not have official translators. Therefore the Embassy does not translate documents.

Please note that the Embassy does not give any preference to any specific translation company. The Embassy does not have any cooperation with any translation company.