• Per Enarsson

    H.E. Mr Per Enarsson Photo: MFA

Sweden's diplomatic relations with Eritrea are handled by H.E. Ambassador Per Enarsson, who is based in Stockholm. The Ambassador makes regular visits to the region.

The Stockholm based ambassadors are supported by an office (UD KSS) at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
Read more about Embassies & Consulates

There is a Swedish Honorary Consulate in Asmara.
Contact information to the Consulate in Asmara

Passport applications

Passport applicants are advised to renew their passport on their next visit to Sweden, or to contact the closest Swedish embassy.
Embassy of Sweden in Nairobi
Embassy of Sweden in Khartoum

List of Swedish embassies

Schengen visas

Schengen visa applications for travel to Sweden are handled by the Embassy of Italy in Asmara from 1 May 2013:
Read more at the Italian Embassy's website