Application for work permit

If you want to work in Sweden, you must have an offer of employment from an employer in Sweden. You must have a work permit in order to work in Sweden. Once you have been granted a permit, it must be entered into your passport before your arrival.

Please submit the following documents:

  • Application for Swedish work permit completed, signed and dated, and including detailed contact information.

  • National passport or other travel document.

  • 2 passport photos, in colour, taken from the front with the face depicted at a straight angle. 

  • Written Offer of Employment in Sweden, completed by employer.

Your employer must then send the form to you so that you can enclose it with your application.

Your employer must also

  • guarantee pay, insurance coverage and other terms of employment equal to at least the collective agreement or Swedish practise in the profession or the branch of trade
  • have advertised the job vacancy in Sweden and the EU
  • have given the relevant union an opportunity to state an opinion on the terms of the offer of employment.

You and the employer are responsible for showing the Migration Agency that the requirements above have been met. You do this by completing the application form for employees and the employer completes the Offer of Employment form.

In order to apply for a work permit you must book an appointment by e-mailing the Embassy ( You can also apply by using the Swedish Migration Agency´s online electronic form. In order to use the on-line electronic form the applicant needs a credit card in order to pay the application fee online.